SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2014

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2014 12:39:13 -0700
The IT unit at my institution just announced:

The Juniper SSL VPN system has been successfully upgraded to a secure
operating system. VPN connections are now available. An upgrade to your
Pulse client will be pushed down to secure the client side connection.

End quote.

Looking at:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/pulse/releasenotes/j-pulse-5.0r3-supportedplatforms.pdf

it does not appear that a Juniper Junos Pulse client exists for any
environments under than MS Windows and Apple Mac OS X .  It appears from
the above that due to the SSL issues, Pulse will be required to use the
VPN here -- and for my work, I absolutely need VPN (all non-VPN remote
logins to a system, e.g., ssh -X, are blocked except through the VPN
channels).

Is anyone aware of a linux, and specifically SL 6x, workaround or port
of Pulse or a Pulse compatible application?

Yasha Karant