SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 09:17:03 -0500
Robert E. Blair wrote:
> This may belong on another mail list, but maybe someone knows the answer
> here... I picked up the glibc-2.3.2-95.37 source rpm from redhat's
> updates site the other day to update a system I have running an
> alternative to SL3.  In the past I was doing local builds of the rpm's
> on this system.  Usually this is okay and is faster than the maintainers
> of the system which will remain unnamed.  I can build the i386 version
> with no problem but when I use the i686 target it fails in the checks (I
> have tried several times).  Indeed, the build actually hangs.  The SL3
> maintainers must be in the process on this.  Have they seen this and if
> so have they figured out how to get around it?
>
> Thanks and apologies for spreading this more widely than it needs to be...
> Bob Blair

Hi Bob,
I know we already have our enviroment setup for building it (and Connie
did that) so I'm not positive which rpm's have to be, or not be,
installed.  But I do know that when we build them we use the arguments

rpmbuild --rebuild --target=i386,i686 glibc<version>.src.rpm

Connie is on a much needed vacation right now, so if nobody else has
answered by the time she is back, I think she should be able to help.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468