SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2009

A.S
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 03:37:19 +0200
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: A.S <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 2009/9/1
Subject: Re: when new version
To: Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>

if You install   kdev  form yum repo, You can't  use qt4,  because
current (in yum repo. ) version  kdevelop have bugs ( can't see files
from qt4 location) ... so, if you want  use qt4 in kdeelop you must
install kdevelop from other source than standard  yum repositories ,
for exp. form source -   I don't like it.

so,  I  will wait :-)

and  next  ... OpenOfice :  Sometimes I must edit/read  docx,xlsx
files so, I need OOo3. Currently i have  two version of OO
standard from SL 5.3 , and 3.x installed from OO website.

 If you want the latest and the greatest, then Scientific Linux is probably
>> not for you.  I would suggest Fedora, or some derivative of it.

No!
This is my favorite linux distro.  Very, very  thanks for it.

thank for all reply
;-)