SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2005

From:
Alex Finch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Finch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:21:25 +0100
  On our SL 4.0 machine we have the following openssh rpms installed:

rpm -qa | grep openssh

openssh-server-3.9p1-8.RHEL4.1.i386
openssh-3.9p1-8.RHEL4.1.i386
openssh-askpass-gnome-3.9p1-8.RHEL4.1.i386
openssh-clients-3.9p1-8.RHEL4.1.i386
openssh-askpass-3.9p1-8.RHEL4.1.i386

If I do yum check-update

  I only see kernel and afs items, which is to be expected given the standard
configuration of /etc/yum.d/yum.cron.excludes so we seem to be up to date.

  I see from "man ssh_config" that what I need to do is insert the line

ForwardX11Trusted yes

into

/etc/ssh/ssh_config

I assume that is what you meant by saying it is the default configuration.

--
  Alex Finch, Research Fellow, Physics Department, Lancaster University.