SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2005

From:
Erik Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:36:39 -0600
Along these lines...

Is 4x (and 30x) the current install tree (4.0 and 3.0.5 at the moment),
with all errata since 4.0 and 3.0.0 ?

Why I'm asking -

We're into our sitewide deployment of SL 4 now, and have just hit our
first batch of newer hardware that works with 40rolling, but not 4.0
which we have in our build tree.  I anticipated udating our kickstart
server periodically, but just realixed that if our install tree was 4x
as opposed to 4.0, 4.1 etc... then I wouldn't have to change the paths
for the kickstart scripts, yum configs, etc every time.  I'm a truly
lazy & error-prone person... anything to avoid making mistakes!

Thanks,
Erik.

--
e r i k   w i l l i a m s o n                     [log in to unmask]
  system admin . department of computer science . university of calgary