SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2012

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:59:55 +0100
On 29/11/12 13:14, Freak Trick wrote:
> The developers at Scala themselves offer an RPM in the downloads section
> of the official website, but it conflicts with the jline.jar file of the
> JVM. I have never done/maintained packages. Let me check out some
> resources over the net and see if I can make a useful one. If I can, I'd
> definately look to contribute it.

Why make it so difficult? ;-)

I would go first go here:
<http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=6830>

If I find.el{5,6} packages here, I would go and install the Fedora EPEL
repository (yum install yum-conf-epel, iirc).

If there are no EPEL packages available, I would find the appropriate
package version and probably choose the builds for oldest Fedora
releases (EL6 is based on Fedora 12/Fedora 13) and download the
.src.rpm.  Then I would install mock and rpmbuild (yum install mock
rpm-build) ... then you just do:

  $ mock -r epel-6-x86_64 --rebuild /path/to/scala-*.src.rpm

(replace x86_64 with i386 to get a 32bit build ... for other "targets",
see the files in /etc/mock)

After a little while, you'll get what you need in /var/lib/mock ...
ready to be installed with 'yum localinstall <rpms>'

Using mock will download and install all the needed stuff for compiling
the src.rpm in a chroot in /var/lib/mock ... so you'll need some space
there to be able to make this work.  But the log files in this directory
are usually quite helpful as well.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth