SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2008

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:06:51 -0500
Adrian Sevcenco wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry to be offtopic but given that there is already talk on the next
> version of RHEL
> http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/07/29/whats-next-in-red-hat-enterprise-linux-part-1/
>
> i am wondering the idea of common repositories is still in place...
> Thanks for any feedback,
> Best regards,
> Adrian

Although there is talk of the next RHEL, it's not going to be until late next
year.  So there is still a long way away.
The answer is that there is talk of working more with CentOS on the next
release.  We currently haven't hammered out many details, so there isn't really
too much to say.
One thing I do want to point out, because the rumor keeps comming up.  There
will be a Scientific Linux 6.  We will keep our identity.  We will not
completely merge with CentOS.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group