SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2005

From:
"Brent L. Bates" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brent L. Bates
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:51:22 -0400
     Anyone had much experience disk striping and mirroring under SL3.x or
SL4.x?  I've done disk mirroring under Redhat 3, but haven't tried striping
yet.  We want to mirror/stripe 4 SATA drives.  2 drives would be on one
controller and the other 2 drives would be on a second controller. What order
would we mirror/stripe?  Mirror 2 drives together and do the same for the
other 2 drives, then stripe the mirrors together?  Or does one stripe 2 drives
together and then mirror the stripes?  I would think that we would mirror the
drives on the same controller and stripe across the 2 controllers.  Any
suggestions or comments greatly appreciated.  Thanks.