SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2011

From:
John Duffy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Duffy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2011 02:41:59 -0600
Hi.

Having previously been a long time user of CentOS 5.x,  I have become
accustomed to having daily emails sent to root from crond detailing package
updates, disk usage, ssh logins/failures, etc. These emails were very
useful, and re-assuring. I'm guessing I would have received the same emails
if I had been using SL 5.x. I didn't have to do anything to set this up
other than have crond running.

I have now migrated to SL 6.1 but these emails are now not sent to root. Is
there some way of starting this?

I have crond running and postfix appears to be working fine; I can
send/receive emails to/from root and other users.

Interestingly, root does receive an email from YUM if a new package is
installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

John