SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2008

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:06:36 +0100
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Troy Dawson wrote:

<snip>
> Firefox 3 *should* be in the next update, so SL 4.7 should have it.  As soon
> as it is there, the next firefox security updates for SL4 should then be
> firefox 3.
> So, it is not there yet, but should be in a month or so.

No smiley?  Is that guesswork based on the previous observed gaps between
firefox security updates or are you planning/expecting to push ffox-3 out
for earlier sl4x releases even if there isn't a specific reason?

Not that I particularly mind either way - the only sl4 systems we still
have here are servers on which ffox is *rarely* needed.

Actually we *still* have more sl3 systems left than sl4 but that is partly
because we havn't finished testing/moving some services to sl5 and the
rest because some users won't let us update their desktop machines - yet.

In other news, we finally turned off our last RHL-6.2 box last week!

  -- Jon