SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2012

Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2012 10:04:48 -0600
I've recently been encountering this problem trying to stand up a large RAID 5 disk server.  My first encounter was when I was doing write speed tests.  I thought I had solved this problem by letting the megaraid card complete a slow init of the volume before trying to create a linux filesystem on it and re-doing my speed measurements.

But I have just now encountered it again on a new RAID 5 volume which I also let complete a slow init over the weekend.  I was in fact trying to do a pvcreate on the volume when it hung.

Can anyone shed some light?  I see posts for it but everything I read suggests it's been taken care of.