SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2008

From:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2008 11:21:41 +1100
Hi,

> When you install SL5.2, in /etc/yum.repos.d I expect you to
> find, as for SL5.1, the following set of files which I interpret as
> referring to "recommended (and compatible) repos":
>
> atrpms.repo, flash.repo, sl-contrib.repo, sl-fastbugs.repo,
> sl-security.repo, sl-testing.repo, dag.repo, sl-bugfix-52.repo,
> sl-debuginfo.repo, sl.repo, sl-srpms.repo
>
> The repos are enabled by having "enabled=1" instead of "enabled=0"
> lines in their corresponding files.  Only the sl and sl-security
> ones are enabled by default.

These days I also always use the epel repo for my SL servers, which is
available as a yum install from SL5 series servers:

# rpm -q yum-conf-epel
yum-conf-epel-5-1.noarch

For the SL4 ones, I just grab the epel RPM from fedora:

# rpm -qf /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo
epel-release-4-6

Maybe Connie or Troy could make a yum-conf-epel for SL4 servers?

Regards,

Michael.

------- End of Original Message -------