SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2006

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:08:00 -0600
Michael Mansour wrote:
> Hi Troy,
>

>>Michael Mansour wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Im trying to locate the update of the tzdata package on SL305 from what I
>>>currently have:
>>>
>>>tzdata-2005f-1.EL3
>>>
>>>which contains the wrong daylight savings time for Australia (which was
>>>changed due to the commonwealth games).
>>>
>>>For some reason, I can't find it from my yum repo's or from the SL website?
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>>
>>>Michael.
>>
>>Hi Michael,
>>It looks like it will be in 3.0.7, and in the bugfix area for 3.0.5.
>> We currently don't have that up in a place you can actually get yet,
>> but I needed to work on the bugfix area anyway, I'll see if I can
>>get it up there today. Troy
>

> Thanks for that Troy.
>
> We have until 3am Saturday 25 March (AEST - it's 6:35am 23/3 now) to get this
> into those systems, since that's when the original time goes from 3am to 2am
> (and now it's not supposed to).
>
> It was changed to 3am 1st of April because of the Commonwealth games in
> Melbourne (which finish on the 25th - alot of headache for Admins for really
> only one hour of one day on the last day of the games).
>
> Michael.

OK, it's now in the bugfix area for S.L. 3.0.5.  I hope this isn't
cutting it too close.  It was actually there yesterday I just couldn't
get an e-mail out.

Update it by hand.

rpm -Uvh
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/305/i386/errata/bugfix/RPMS/tzdata-2006a-1.EL3.noarch.rpm

Update it by yum

yum -c /etc/yum.conf.bugfix update tzdata

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468