SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2011

From:
"Robert P. J. Day" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert P. J. Day
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:41:58 -0500
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011, Ray Van Dolson wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 11:51:11AM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > On Sat, 12 Mar 2011, Alec T. Habig wrote:
> >
> > > I was poking at this yesterday myself with no success, so would love
> > > to know what the answer is.
> > >
> > > This is especially important since by default, iptables is installed
> > > and active, and AFAIK the only way for nfs to coexist with iptables
> > > is use nfs4.  So out of the box, nfs doesn't work unless one
> > > disables a security tool, aside from the issue that nfs4 is designed
> > > to have a much higher level of security than the older versions,
> > > such that we really should all be using it exclusively anyway.
> >
> >   actually, i take it back, it's possible this is fixed.  i edited
> > /etc/sysconfig/nfs and uncommented all references to dropping support
> > for NFS v2 and v3, and NFS seems to start.  didn't used to, so maybe
> > this issue has been resolved.
> >
> >   once NFS is running, is there a convenient command to *show* me what
> > versions of NFS are currently supported?
> >
> > rday
>
> rpcinfo -p :)

  i tried that earlier but it still suggested i was supporting all of
versions 2, 3 and 4, but perhaps i'm misinterpreting how to do this.
more research would seem to be in order.  feel free to mess with the
contents of /etc/sysconfig/nfs and report back any interesting
observations.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca