SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2011

From:
"Alec T. Habig" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alec T. Habig
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2011 10:31:11 -0600
I was poking at this yesterday myself with no success, so would love to
know what the answer is.

This is especially important since by default, iptables is installed and
active, and AFAIK the only way for nfs to coexist with iptables is use
nfs4.  So out of the box, nfs doesn't work unless one disables a
security tool, aside from the issue that nfs4 is designed to have a much
higher level of security than the older versions, such that we really
should all be using it exclusively anyway.

--
 	    Alec Habig, University of Minnesota Duluth Physics Dept.
		       http://neutrino.d.umn.edu/~habig/