SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2006

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:30:09 +0000
It just occurred to me (hey I'm stupid) that there is a possibility that
TUV might release security updates/errata at a time when many/most of the
main SL people are expecting to have some kind of vacation.

Now I suspect that TUV are unlikely to release much on various dates which
are commonly vacation-days -- since their staff take time off too -- but
since there is an inevitable delay between an announcment and being able
to get/build/test the update SRPMs, this may run into 'holidays' etc.

I started thinking about this because of the recent SAs for
tar/seamonkey/firefox/thunderbird -- I'd include URLs but that would mean
referencing TUV.  Anyway being released on 19th December is possibly
uncomfortably close -- like I doubt that the SL3/4 packages can be made
before the 23rd...

Of course our users are probably (mostly at least) away too so the risks
of delaying the installation a few more days are probably lower too.

Am I worrying over nothing?  I'm told that I often do.

  -- Jon