SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2012

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2012 08:28:15 -0400
On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 3:37 AM, Winnie Lacesso
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Happy Friday!
>
> re:
>> 004-283 was a fastbug for RHEL 6.3 .  Since we have not released SL
>> 6.3 yet it is only available in the 6rolling tree.
>
> We have to deploy an important SL server by 1 Oct and we'd like it
> to be SL6.2. We intend it to have Linux Software RAID1 pair of OS disks,
> but this dreadful problem is of much concern.
>
> We already have some SL6.2 servers (with hardware RAID1) so would like to
> go with SL6.2 - we're familiar with it & don't wish to yet go with SL6.3
> (very little site support available, can't risk any "too new" problems)
>
> Naturally we'd like to ready+test new important server well before 1 Oct.
>
> What's the probability that a fixed dracut will be released for SL6.2
> Very Soon (any ETA?) so that an SL6.2 build on this new server in few
> weeks wouldn't be vulnerable to this "can't boot from degraded Linux
> Software RAID1" dracut bug?

I see the "dracut-004-203.el6_3" packages in the SL6x  repository,
built from our favorite upstream vendors's SRPM's. Why not test those
before they're they're backported to SL 6.2? That's how our favorite
upsteam vendor would have you update just that component, subscribe to
the "current" release channel and use "yum" to updte.