SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2005

From:
Laurent Aphecetche <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laurent Aphecetche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:13:48 -0600
Hi,

I'd like to make a custom kernel (to include the pwc driver for a logitech
webcam), but would like to be sure I'll end up with a working one.
My first guess was to use the file /boot/config-2.4.21-27.0.1.EL during make
xconfig, but :
a) the kernel compilation fails if I use this file
b) this file has CONFIG_USB_PWC=m but I cannot locate the pwc.o anywhere on
my system
so I conclude that this was not the config file used to produce the kernel
available in kernel-2.4.21-27.0.1.EL rpm

So my first question is : "is there a way to get the configuration of a
SL-distributed kernel ?"

And next, after some trials, I was able to compile a custom kernel, but I
miss an openafs module for that one. How could I make a custom openafs module ?

Thanks,