SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2013

From:
"~Stack~" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
~Stack~
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2013 18:11:50 -0600
On 12/04/2013 05:51 PM, Paul Robert Marino wrote:
> Well I tend to discount the driver idea because of an other problem he
> has involving multiple what I think are identical machines . Also any
> problems I've ever had with the ccsis driver were usually firmware
> related an a update or roll back usually corrects them.
> Besides the based on what I've heard this is low budget equipment and
> ProLiants aren't cheap. If I had to guess we are talking about Dells.

You are right, in that I am experiencing two different issues and the
vast majority of my test lab is older cast-away parts. The difference is
that both issues are on very different systems.

The DHCP problem is on a bunch of similar generic Dells. This particular
problem is on a HP Prolient DL360 G4 which its twin (same hardware specs
and thanks to Puppet should be dang-near identical in terms of software)
so far has not displayed this problem.

Because the twin isn't having this problem and the problem only started
~3 weeks ago is why I thought for the last few weeks it was a disk drive
problem.

I am looking up the firmware versions for this box now. I am not hopeful
that I will find a newer firmware for this old of a system though.
Still, totally worth the try! :-)

Thanks!
~Stack~