SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2007

From:
Paul Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 14:35:22 -0600
I would not mind doing that if that is the right thing to do.

Perhaps I had misunderstood the meaning of the markers like "el" or
"sl" in the version.  I had thought that it was supposed to indicate
the version of linux that the rpm is compatible with.  When I make
RPMs for Fedora 8, I put the dist as f8.  Or for SL 5, I put sl5.

I think that a marker "sl5" is useful information for users.  So you
are making me think the dist marker for  me should be something like
"sl5pj" so people know it is for SL 5 and from me .
??

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson