SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2014

From:
John Musbach <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Musbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2014 12:51:29 -0400
Hello I've been tasked with fixing up a auditd policy but it's on a server that's actively being used and the policy installed was set immutable. I've tried searching and everyone recommends rebooting to escape immutable mode… But is there really no way to code up something that, as root, removes immutable mode without a reboot? I find it pretty amazing nobody seems to have attempted to do this already.