SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2012

Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 18:25:38 +0900
On 08/31/2012 08:23 AM, Tom Rosmond wrote:
> I am configuring Torque to run in SL 6.2 on a multi-core NUMA system,
> and find that I need to configure it with for 'cpusets', i.e. libcpuset.
> A web search has found little mention of it in Scientific Linux
> documentation, but it does seem to be available in Debian, Ubuntu, and a
> few other distributions.  Does anyone have any knowledge of Torque with
> libcpuset for Scientific Linux? If not, would it be possible to install
> it via the RPM's from these other distributions?

It would almost definitely require that you rebuild the package from
source. This is usually pretty easy, but sometimes going between Debian
and Fedora-based distros you find that one dep turns into ten and
porting the dependency becomes a repackaging adventure of its own.

I find going from SuSE or Vine to be a lot easier in the lucky case that
you can find the package you want over there.