SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2006

From:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 08:06:20 +1000
Hi Jarek,

> Hi
>
> Michael Mansour wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm kickstarting some proliant dl360's, and as their got 2 embedded nics, each
> > time they kickstart the process asks which ethernet card to kickstart from,
> > eth0 or eth1.
> >
> > In my kickstart file I define:
> >
> > network --device eth0
> >
> > and have tried this both with the "--bootproto dhcp" line and with assigning
> > IP address lines, both methods ask which ethernet card to use.
> >
> > I'm kickstarting SL42 machines.
> >
> > Does anyone know how I tell kickstart to always use eth0?
>
> Try adding ksdevice=XXX to your bootup kernel command line, ie:
>
> linux ks ksdevice=eth0
>
> (or ksdevice=link if only one of NICs is cabled)

Thanks for this, but I should also mention I use PXE boot on the machines to
boot from an SL305 dhcp server (where I used redhat-config-netboot to setup
the selection menu of the OSes I want to install on the PXE client).

Is there a way to add "ksdevice" into the redhat-config-netboot software/menu?

Thanks.

Michael.