SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2006

From:
Michael Hannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Hannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:43:37 -0700
Hi, folks.  One of our grad students reports that he can no longer read
his email with pine or squirrel mail.  Both utilities complain about the
format of his incoming-mail file (as do mutt and Thunderbird, by the way).

We checked, and indeed the student's mailbox is in an unusual (for us)
format:

     # cd /var/spool/mail

     # file joeuser
     joeuser: Non-ISO extended-ASCII mail text, with very long lines

I see an occasional mention of this on the net, but I haven't found any
way to convert the file back to mailbox format.

If you have any suggestions, please pass them along to me.

Thanks.

					- Mike
--
Michael Hannon            mailto:[log in to unmask]
Dept. of Physics          530.752.4966