SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2013

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2013 00:50:33 +0200
On 18/07/13 21:19, Todd And Margo Chester wrote:
> On 07/18/2013 01:34 AM, Steve Hill wrote:
>> On 18.07.13 00:54, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>>
>>> Start by updating to SL 6.4 with all the KVM updates? KVM is
>>> interesting, but not mature, so any more difficult operations such as
>>> snapshotting are likely to benefit from using the latest releases.
>>
>> I've tried that - no change.  Although as far as I can tell the qemu-kvm
>> in the SL 6.2 security updates (which I was originally running) is the
>> same version that is shipped in 6.4, so wasn't upgraded.
>>
>> As mentioned, I've not found any especially good documentation online
>> specifically referring to Scientific Linux / RHEL, etc. But something I
>> did find suggested that RHEL doesn't support live snapshotting but RHEV
>> does.  I don't know how accurate this is or how it relates to Scientific
>> Linux though.
>>

> Hi Steve,
>
> You can try asking the developers directly over at
>
>       Spice-devel mailing list

No offence, but maybe sending people to the right place is a good idea.
 SPICE is related to both KVM and QEMU, but it's still not the same
thing.  Same same but different, kind of.  So may I recommend one of
these lists instead?

* KVM mailing lists and IRC channels
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Lists%2C_IRC

* QEMU mailing lists
http://wiki.qemu.org/MailingLists

> They take questions from the general public.  (They
> can get "cranky" though.)

Yeah, I can understand that though ... asking about things in the wrong
list can also cause such issues.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth