SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2011

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2011 16:33:24 -0400
On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:32 PM, El cucu007 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Dear users,
> I have been faced with the problem in which I am loading a paravirt guest in
> a SL6.1 box, I am trying to do the http, nfs install and they both failed to
> retrieved the packages and anaconda, all I can see is "retrieving..." but
> nothing gets retrieve. Any ideas as to what can be wrong in the guest
> installing is greatly appreciated.

Which virtualizaton technology are you using? KVM, Xen, Qemu, or have
you decided that the merged interface for those is unsuitable for
casual use and simply installed VirtualBox? From your "paravirt"
comment, I assume you're using Xen.

Can you use a CD image to walk manually through the installation
procedures, and especially check your network ocnfigurations for
validity? And is the virtual host pingable when this step fails? Can
you do "Ctrl-Alt-F2" and get a text screen to check your network setup
and ping  and verify access to your NFS or HTTP servers?