SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2007

From:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 18:47:36 -0500
Keith Lofstrom said...

|I plan to remove /etc/cron.daily/prelink,  revert my binaries and
|libraries with "prelink -au", then comment out all the "-l" lines
|in /etc/prelink.conf so that the loader doesn't attempt to do it.
|
|Then I will rebuild my backups, and reinitialize osiris.
|
|Any flaws in my thinking?

Have you considered just asking the author to give
you an option to modify file times?  Or just modifying
the source?

Does your system integrity software let you add
actions?  If so, you could check the files that
get flagged with prelink's checksum feature.

But... without knowing prelink intimately, your
approach sounds like it should work.