SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2007

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:21:38 +0100
Our network links are behaving in a shoddy way today so who knows if/when
my mail will hit the list and get back to me...  Someone may have already
spotted my omission for all I know...

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Jon Peatfield wrote:

<snip>
> and that allows options to be passed as needed for this case:
>
>  gnome-mount -p volname -o exec
>
> obviously with volname being the volume name...

Since gnome-mount (via hald) ends up just calling mount, one can again
avoid the umount/mount by using remount e.g.

   gnome-mount -p volname -o remount,ro,exec

I added ro here 'cos without it I get the CD mounted rw rather than just
overriding the noexec bit...  I'm fairly sure it wouldn't try to write to
it anyway but I'm a bit paranoid today.

OBquestion: in what I assume is a fairly default SL5 Gnome setup there
isn't an obvious GUI unmount for CDs just an 'eject'.  Am I missing
something or did I break my Gnome config?

  -- Jon