SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:30:43 -0500
Troy Dawson wrote:
>> [log in to unmask] wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The above update to firefox.i386 on the x86_64 architecture has
>>> broken the acrobat and java plugins.
>>> (using acroread 7.0.9 and Sun Java 6u3)
>>>
>>> Clicking on a PDF file causes firefox to exit immediately
>>> and launching webpages that require a java plugin no longer works.
>>>
>>> If I revert to firefox-1.5.0.12-0.3.el4.i386 everything works as
>>> expected.
>>>
>>> The reason we're using the i386 version on an x86_64 arch is
>>> to get the various plugins working that have no x86_64 equivalent.
>>>
>>> I can get around the PDF issue by not using the plugin and just
>>> the java plugin to work too.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Ronnie
>>
>> Hi,
>> When it did the update, did it put in both the i386 and x86_64
>> version?  Or just the i386 version?
>>
>> Troy
>
> I'm getting more reports of this.
> I'm still setting things up for a test, but as I do, is anyone having
> problems with Adobe acroread 8?  or is it only acroread 7?
>
> Troy

OK, I can't get it to fail on me.
First question, for all of those who are having this problem.  Have you
completely exited out of firefox and seamonkey?  I don't just mean one window,
but all of firefox?

Second question, if the above answer was yes, can you send me information on
how you setup your adobe plugin's?  Did you do it by hand?  Whet directory is
the plugin in?  If it is a link, can you send me the full output of ls -l on
the plugin.

Thanks
Troy

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group