SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2007

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:20:12 +0100
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Frank Schluenzen wrote:

> I also didn't see problems updating kdebase, but am kind of surprised that
> the previous version of ksysguardd (kdebase 3.1.3-5.11) was apparently not
> linked against libsensors, so prior to 3.1.3-5.16 there was at least no
> libsensors.so.1 dependency ?!

But kdebase-3.1.3-5.11 *does* depend on lm_sensors which also provides
libsensors.so.1 anyway -- at least in the copies I have.  Most curious!

I've seen no problems with the ~5 boxes we have updates kdebase on so far
but it might turn out be one of those curious things which somehow is
different on machines which started running an older SL30x and were
upgraded...

Now to find the oldest SL308 box I have to test this...

> NB: centos rpm's (eg 3.1.3-5.11) behave more like expected, as ksysguardd and
> the package itself depend on libsensors.so.1, which is not the case for the
> same package from SL308 ...

Does their build procedure use a different setup to put into the (fake)
build-environment or is their srpm actually different?

  -- Jon