SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2011

From:
Mike's List <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike's List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2011 23:41:46 -0500
On Thu, 20 Oct 2011, Todd And Margo Chester wrote:

> Back to my original question:  is selinux worth the effort?
> or is it just a nuisance?

It depends on your environment, i.e. government, financial sectors, but
for most, the answer is no.  I'm in the higher education sector and most
vendors do not recommend turning selinux on, requirement to turn it off.

While it's not that much of an issue to configure selinux, etc. it's
more of a vendors and their applications (and other applications) that's
an issue.

Hope this helps.

Mike