SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2004

From:
Michael David Joy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael David Joy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:15:11 -0500
You might try booting with with the noacpi optoin. or acpi=off. I can't
remember what the 2.4.x syntax is. Also, noapic might help. It sounds
like it might be some power management badness. I've noticed that the
windows intel drivers and windows atheros drivers would do this from
time to time on a few of the laptops I've worked on. I think it may be
due to the fact that the ndiswrapper can't pass power management events
to the wireless card properly. Although running without ACPI on a laptop
is far from optimal, you might give it a go.

Michael Joy
HEP - University of Mississippi