SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2014

From:
Paul Griffith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Griffith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2014 08:54:09 -0400

 Content analysis details:   (-1.0 points, 5.0 required)

  pts rule name              description
 -0.0 SHORTCIRCUIT           Not all rules were run, due to a shortcircuited rule
 -1.0 ALL_TRUSTED            Passed through trusted hosts only via SMTP
Received-SPF: None (MAIL04V-SMTP02.fnal.gov: [log in to unmask] does not
 designate permitted sender hosts)

On 04/08/2014 08:24 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 12:10 AM, Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> I'm a little biased - but check out: http://xen.crc.id.au/
>
> Heh. I've not had a chance to play with Xen in about.... 6 years, when
> I published the first (freeware!) RPM's for it. How's it been since
> Citrix bought it?

XenServer is now open source.

Why did Citrix open source XenServer?

As evidenced by the strong industry response to phase 1 of this strategy, moving Xen to the Linux Foundation open source provides us with a way to better engage with ecosystem partners to enable innovation. An integral part of phase 2 of this strategy is to build a centralized user engagement portal (XenServer.org) around the open source XenServer that will drive innovation, collaboration and customer confidence around Citrix commitment to the XenServer product and project.

Open source also provides alignment with the dominant cloud orchestration platforms of CloudStack and OpenStack and meets cloud builder expectations for source code availability and open APIs. A strong open source strategy for product and go-to-market will result in a stronger platform, a more robust partner ecosystem and a strong user community.  Providers will benefit from a simpler way to sell a better product to a large and growing market opportunity.

https://www.citrix.com/products/xenserver/whats-new.html

Cheers