SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:15:52 -0500
AnsiC Soft wrote:
> Hi,
> i configure my wifi card atheros on my notebook,  i using this
> tutorial  http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Wireless#head-c1a7601a713aa524aebc4d4416f9aa7669d444ec
> but thic can't help me,
> now i can scan wifi network in my home, but  i can't  connect :/
> in gnome network manager i can manualy configure my NIC but I can't
> connect  (option "wireless network is disable (dark grey)"
>
> i using asus x51 notebook, with SL 5.2
> i  search  groups archiv but i didn't find any solution.
>

> thanks for any help

Did you actually enable rpmforge in your yum?  Or just use the madwifi
that is in Scientific Linux?
   rpm -qa | grep madwifi | sort

Also, do you have NetworkManager turned on?  And is it set to turn on
during bootup?  (By default NetworkManger isn't turned on by default)

   /etc/init.d/NetworkManager start
   /sbin/chkconfig --level 2345 NetworkManager on

And finally, as John asked, what messages are you getting in
/var/log/messages

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI LMSS Group