SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:55:31 -0500
Hi,
A better place than the roadmap would be the "rolling whiteboard" page.
I hadn't updated it for a bit because we were just swamped, but I just barely did.

But the answer is "real soon now" :)

Well, actually a couple of weeks for the x86_64.  Some might not think that's
"real soon"

Troy

Ryan Enge wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I looked to see if there was a road map for releases or any info on a
> release date for SL 4.5 x86_64 but could not find one. We currently have
> an issue with RAID0 on LUNs larger than ~260GB on an x86_64 box using
> LVM. The box will kernel panic as soon as we do a pvcreate on the MD
> device. I have tested this on a RHEL 4u4 box and reproduced the issue. I
> cannot reproduce this on a RHEL 4u5 kernel (2.6.9-55).
>
> I am just curious when the expected release of SL 4.5 is? If anyone else
> has had this issue that would be good to know as well (I can only
> reproduce this problem on x84_64 arch).
>
> Thanks,

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group