SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2007

From:
Beyerle Urs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beyerle Urs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:00:23 +0200
Hi,

On the LiveCD I enable the services NetworkManager and NetworkManagerDispatcher. Maybe
there are not enabled, if you do a normal installation, check out as root

# chkconfig --list | grep NetworkManager

do enable them run:
# chkconfig NetworkManager on
# chkconfig NetworkManagerDispatcher on

reboot or do:
# service NetworkManager start
# service NetworkManagerDispatcher start

Further the nm-applet (NetworkManager applet) has to be started. If you using gnome it is
started per default (I guess). In KDE run as normal user

# nm-applet &

Maybe you want also to start the gnome-keyring-daemon in KDE, which stores the keys of the
nm-applet:

# export `gnome-keyring-daemon`

Hope this helps,

	Urs