SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2015

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2015 00:45:54 -0500
On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 4:01 PM, Bob Goodwin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I ran a system update on an SL-7 server and that seems to have messed up
> samba. I can ssh into the system but can't mount it as a samba share.

"I ran a system update" covers a vast potential variety of sins. I'm
assuming you used "yum", not "dnf" (since various folks are interested
in dnf but, far as I can tell, it's not production ready yet and is
unlikely to be for at least a few more years).

You can't mount *what* as a Samba share? Did you change anything else?
Have you rebooted to ensure that any Samba or CIFS shares or kernel or
library updates really got included in all active services and
clients? Do you have any compoents, such as Samba, that you compiled
personall and not as an RPM?

The list of potential sources of issues is pretty large, so  start by
tracking down "what changed" what broke", and"what else is broken" New
Year's, and Xmas vacations, are likely time for *many, many* other
system components or network components to be tweaked.