SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2005

From:
Alex Finch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Finch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:58:33 +0100
  While soundcards are up for discussion. Here is a tip I discovered last week
which someone might find useful:

I discovered that in order to turn on the microphone on machines which have a
Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy card and are running SL 4, use alsamixer and
turn on mic capture, do NOT use kmix as it turns if off again!

--
  Alex Finch, Research Fellow, Physics Department, Lancaster University.