SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2011

From:
"~Stack~" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
~Stack~
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2011 21:11:49 -0500
On 10/17/2011 06:26 PM, Steven Timm wrote:
> The trick that Rocks uses is to have a boot order of (hard disk, pxe)
> and then when you want to reinstall, change two bytes in the
> boot sector to make the hard disk unbootable and it will fall through
> to a PXE boot only at that time.

That is actually a really good idea now that I think about it. It has
been a few years since I used Rocks. I am really glad they are still
around. I just looked and saw they are still RHEL 5 based and not 6
(which I need). Oh well.

I have been thinking about this for a short while now, and I already
think I know how to script this to work the way I want it to.

Thanks for the suggestion!

~Stack~