SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2011

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2011 21:50:06 -0400
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 6:01 PM, William Scott <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 5 October 2011 20:27, Kevin Wood <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> This came up a while ago.
>
> Full saga is here...
>
> http://listserv.fnal.gov/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind1108&L=SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS&D=0&I=-3&P=11276

Hmm. Did you try simply excluding NetworkManager? I've found it to be
a maintenance nightmare with unannounced and unplanned changes,
interfering with normal DHCP operations, standard server
configurations, and VPN setups haphazardsly. Ripping it out entirely
is one of my favorite steps for stabilizing a server or desktop setup.

It can have its uses in laptop or traveling configurations but it's
hardly worth for anything but a frequently laptop with multiple
network setups in the same physical locaitons.