SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2006

From:
Mark Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:08:37 +0100
Niels Walet wrote:
Hi

I suspect that the yppasswd command gets the name of the yp master from
the yp slave.  The name of the ypmaster is in the yp map that is
transfered to the slave from the master.  If you do a
/usr/lib/yp/makedbm -u /var/yp/<ypdomainname>/passwd.byname and search
for YP_MASTER_NAME you will find the fully qualified name of your ypmaster.

Mark.

> Yup, I agree on the yppasswdd not required on the slave issue--I had
> actually run into this howto and checked. The real question is how yppass
> wd
> obtains the information on the master node-the problem seems to be that i
> looks for "localhost" rather then the node the slave is bound to.....
> Niels

Mark Nelson - [log in to unmask]

IPPP, Department of Physics, University of Durham,
Science Laboratories, South Road, Durham, DH1 3LE
Office: +44 (0)191 334 3811, Direct Dial: +44 (0)191 334 3653

PGP Key: http://www.ippp.dur.ac.uk/~mn/pgp_key.txt
This mail is for the addressee only