SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2011

From:
"Robert P. J. Day" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert P. J. Day
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2011 08:31:44 -0500
  finally taking the time to dig into upstart, and i'm confused by one
issue.  on my ubuntu system, the documentation "man 7 startup" claims
that the primary task on startup is /etc/init/rc-sysinit.conf, which
exists on my ubuntu system.  but on SL 6, while the man page reads the
same, there is no such .conf file in /etc/init, so what is the boot
sequence?

  i do see the file /etc/init/rc.conf so i'm sure i can work through
the sequence but since i want to explain this to some students next
week, i'd like to find the appropriate doc/man page that explains
*precisely* what happens.  so what's the process when
/etc/init/rc-sysinit.conf doesn't exist?  and what man page explains
that?  thanks.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca