SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2009

Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 2009 08:58:07 +0200
On 07/08/09 22:24, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Eugene Shin<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have some difficulties in installing a wireless adapter on my Toshiba
>> laptop which is equipped with a Atheros AR5007eg . I don't know why, but I
>> can't install the newest version of madwifi. Any instruction? I have
>> installed SL 5.3.
>
> I believe this CentOS forum post would help:
>
> https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19968&forum=39&post_id=75582#forumpost75582
>
> Akemi

would it be easier to just add elrepo and install kmod-ath5k
I know you work on the repository and if I remember well, Dag has tested
this particular wireless chipset with the kmod package
Instructions to install elrepo : http://elrepo.org/tiki/tiki-index.php
package details : http://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-ath5k
you might need to add the following line to /etc/modprobe.conf (or is
this done automatically)
alias wlan0 ath5k

--
Toshaan <[log in to unmask]> - http://www.toshaan.be