SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2015

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2015 22:10:10 -0400
On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 9:54 AM, Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks Jim!
>
> On top of that, for the very curious, we try to include the patches we apply
> to the SRPMs in the SRPMs themselves for a clear explanation of exactly what
> was changed.

The SL approach to this is *very good*. It's very clear, and easy to
review which components come straight from Red Hat and which are
modified in house. Unfortunately, the access to the original SRPM's no
longer exists for non clients as of RHEL 7, and the very peculiar
layout and "let's use something like tags, but deduced from the word
'import' in the git logs instead of using tags that can be GPG signed"

It's going to get weirder going forward.