SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2013

From:
Alan Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:51:33 +0000
On 25 January 2013 18:18, Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thank you for the correction.
>
> Am I correct to assume that this driver -- presumably derived from the
> proprietary Nvidia driver that must be uninstalled per the documentation in
> the URL that you provided -- has fully stereoscopic 3D support, including
> whatever openGL modifications are required, as does the Nvidia "factory"
> package?
>
> If so, and thus stereoscopic 3D activation in the xorg.conf file is
> required, does this ELrepo package provide the necessary xorg.conf file?  If
> not, and if the ELrepo derivative requires the same syntax in the same
> xorg.conf stanzas as the Nvidia "factory" driver, could you kindly transmit
> my xorg.conf file fix to the Elrepo group, or provide me with the correct
> contact information?

Yasha,

Please refresh you memory of the ELRepo Project's home page [1], in
particular the section headed 'Need Help?'. It may also be to your
benefit to review the relevant 'nVidia' pages [2][3][4][5].

You already have an account on the ELRepo bug tracker [6] where we
will accept both bug reports and RFEs. If you have forgotten your
password/phrase, let me know and I will arrange for a reset.

Finally there is also a 'Contact' page [7], which should make things
quite clear.

Regards,
Alan.

[1] http://elrepo.org/tiki/tiki-index.php