SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2006

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:12:35 -0600
Francois Colonna wrote:
> Alex Kruchkoff wrote:
>>> At the beginning all output is muted.
>>>
>>> If you have alsa-utils rpm installed, then you should have "alsamixer"
>>> installed.
>>> Run it from the shell and you can change the Master and the PCM
>>> volume by
>>> using
>>> up and down arrows. To move between "handles" use left and right arrows.
>>> The letter M is for mutting/unmutting...
>>>
>>> HTH
>>> Alex
>>>

> Of course I did all that sorry not to have mentionned it.
>
> I just asked if there may be a possibility that the laptop sound keys
> F10, F11 and F12
> lock the sound on Linux.
>
> For example, there is a key to lock the touch pad which does not work on
> Linux.
>

> Best
> François Colonna

Hi,

I think this subject is misleading.  It really should be something like
"getting laptop function keys to work".  Which is a completely different
subject than getting your sound to work.  But the first step is.

1 - get your sound to work

You didn't really say whether your sound works or not, regardless of
using the F10-F12 keys.

After that is done, then you need to work on the keys.  I personally am
not a good laptop or key binding person, so I'm hoping that some others
here would know.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468