SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2015

From:
John Pilkington <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pilkington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 14:53:21 +0100
On 30/03/15 14:10, Pat Riehecky wrote:
> On 03/27/2015 02:03 PM, Steve Gaarder wrote:
>> My main concern would be how to go back to 7x after the release.
>
> For this one, I will refer you to this section of our 7 release notes:
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/7x/x86_64/release-notes/#_using_sl_yum_variables
>

> That section didn't gather a lot of feedback during the 7.0 pre-release
> phase, so if it is unclear let me know and I'll see about making some
> adjustments.
>
> Pat

Thank you, Pat.

Yes, it's all there and labelled 'Important'.  I just hadn't realised,
when it all started, that I was "wishing to test packages from the
Release Candidate during the Release Candidate process".   I didn't have
my eye on TUV's releases at all;  I hoped I was providing the feedback
implicitly invited by the 'testing' label.

John