SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2013

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 20:33:59 -0800
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM, jdow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 2013/01/23 19:27, Alan Bartlett wrote:

>> I fail to see the significance -- or relevance -- of your last sentence.
>>
>> Please remember this is the main support channel for Scientific Linux.
>>
>> Alan.
>

> It's not this channel's support issue. I understand that. This is why
> I wondered if 6.2 was going to have a kernel update.
>
> ElRepo pushed the newer 310 NVidia modules before any appropriate kernel
> appeared on SL2. So I have to back off. I simply wondered if waiting for
> a new kernel was practical or not.
>
> And that's been answered. ElRepo messed up pushing updates. (Or else
> there should be a more recent kernel for 6.2 than what I am running,
> 2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.x86_64.)

Let me post once again the link I provided for you earlier in this
thread. I'm afraid you missed it.

http://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-nvidia-304xx

That page has a list of supported GPUs. This is all about the hardware
you have and the version of Nvidia's driver that supports it. Which
kernel version is _not_ relevant.

You may also want to check out this post on the ELRepo's mailing list:

http://lists.elrepo.org/pipermail/elrepo/2013-January/001587.html

I quoted an essential part of it in my earlier post as well. I
strongly suggest you subscribe to the ELRepo general mailing list. If
you still have questions about the Nvidia-related packages offered by
ELRepo, please ask on the ELRepo's list.

Akemi