SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2005

From:
Shane Canon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shane Canon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:35:33 -0800

Now that the SRPMs are available, is the build underway?  Also, do you
have any documentation on how the rebuild is done.  For example,
~  * how are things bootstrapped?
~  * Do you rebuild off the initial build (similar to what gcc does
~   during a build)?
~  * What is the environment set to?

The CAOS/CentOS guys have this mezzanine build environment.  I wonder if
using that or creating something similar would be worthwhile.  It would
be useful if each build had a log of, at least, ...

~  * All environment variables
~  * Currently installed packages and versions

- --Shane