SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2011

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2011 00:01:45 -0400
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Andrew Z <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 11:37 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Excellent for you! Can you post a diff between your .config file and
>> the standard /boot/config-[whatever] configuration file, for our
>> reference? Did you build a tweaked RPM, or simply install from the
>> "mock" environment?
>
> Nico,
>  that's a good idea. I'm not sure i understand what you meant under "tweaked
> rpm"...
> Here is the result of the diff: Well, yes, now when i'm looking @ the diff,
> i recalled that i switched olpc off. So there you have 2 changes....

Got it.

The reason I asked abot building modified RPM's is that, when I deploy
modified kernels, I tend to take an SRPM, tweak the config files, and
change the 'release' setting in the .spec file to build an SRPM and
RPM's for deployment. It helps me keep track of what I've done, and
rebuild or modify as necessary.